I absolutely gave up on weeknotes last year, but I have sort of missed doing some type of regularly scheduled update, so I'm making it easier on myself by not having to think in small increments - because sometimes nothing happens in a week. So, here's some recent things for mostly August, and I reserve the right to do whatever time frame I fancy in the future.
- I passed my 10 year anniversary in San Francisco - so I should have done a weeknotes especially for that (522 weeks, or something?).
- I really did start counting because I thought it was going to be more like 3 to 5.
- This month I had my first group art show! The Wave Collective Space has been showing my paintings for the last couple weeks and will do into next month.
- If you've been paying attention, you'll realise that technically wasn't my first show, because I did display some paintings with the Jean Henry School of Art when I was on sabbatical after Code for America broke me, but I don't really think of those paintings as art, so much as things I made to learn to oil paint. The things I put in the Wave show were art I made just to make myself happy.
- I say happy, but I continue to be too embarrased to actually speak to anyone about painting in an IRL situation. I went to a gallery show last weekend (and bought an oil painting) and the artist was there and she was this incredibly articulate and thoughtful speaker about her art (and young!) and it just blew my mind. All my role models are youth.